YOUR ROOF IN SAFE HANDS
1.1 At Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited, we take your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data or information we collect from you and from people who visit our website, and how we use that data.
1.2 If you have any questions regarding this statement and our privacy practices, please email them to email@example.com.
2. Who We Are
2.1 Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited is a registered company in the United Kingdom 5219203. Our registered office address is 87 Castle Street, Reading RG1 7SN
2.2 For the purposes of data protection and the GDPR, Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited is a data controller.
3. What we may collect
3.1 The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages you access on this website and when.
3.2 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
The specifics of the data are shown below. This is an example: please be sure to customise to your own specific policies and usage.
|Type of data||Purpose||Legal Basis|
|First and Surname||Used for enquiry/order identification and receipts.||Consent|
|Email address||This is used as a unique identifier for enquiries/orders. It is also required to send an enquiry/order receipt and any other essential communication. Finally, it may be used for marketing purposes if consent given by the customer.||Consent|
|Activity Data||Information is collected on total customer spend, average order value, order frequency and number of referrals.||Legitimate interest|
5. How we use what we collect
5.1 We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you
- Collect data in order to perform the services requested by the user
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you
- Carry out our contracts with you
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to
- Tell you about our charges
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you. We will also let other people do this, and we (or they) may contact you.
- If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you.
- If you are a new customer, we may need to contact you from time to time but you will be able to opt-out of such occasional communications from us if you so wish.
- If you don't want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen.
5.2 Please note: We don't identify individuals to our advertisers, but we do give them aggregate information to help them reach their target audience, and we may use information we have collected to display advertisements to that audience.
6. Where we store your data
6.1 We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
6.2 By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
6.3 Payment will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don't share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
7. Disclosing your information
7.1 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be shared with third parties. However, we are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
8. Your rights
8.1 You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.3 Where data is inaccurate, the individual concerned has a right to apply to rectify, block, erase or destroy the inaccurate information. Please contact Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited to rectify this issue.
8.4 The right to be forgotten. If you are not an active customer, you may write to us requesting that we delete all personal data held. We will normally do this within 28 days; if we are unable to do so within the stated time, we will contact you to explain why. Once the data has been deleted, we will confirm this to you. Exceptions apply to this right:- see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/ for more details.
9. Links to other sites
9.1 Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
9.2 Third Party Websites and Services. Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website and mobile application. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
We use the following third party(s) to conduct business with legitimate interest:
11.3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
12.2. You may contact Ashford Hill Roofing Company Limited by email at email@example.com